Losing weight at home often seems, if not impossible, then elusive. Food temptations, a sedentary lifestyle hinder the achievement of the goal. You can lose weight at home and even quickly if you make a work plan and stick to it carefully.
Extreme diets are not a solution. Even if only 1-2 extra pounds are “interfering” with a girl, you should not try to lose them in 24 hours. The body, due to stress and the yo-yo effect, will begin to resist – it will become more difficult to lose weight. Healthy, nutrient-dense foods can help you shed those extra pounds easily, and by combining proper nutrition (PP) with physical activity that suits you, you will get a stable, tangible result – without harm to health.
A few simple tips for weight loss for women organizing a diet, staying active and other ways to lose weight will help you lose weight at home.
Causes of being overweight
Weight loss, like any process in the body, takes place individually. We need to take into account the reasons that we cannot influence – only control and adapt to them. The tendency to gain excess weight as a combination of genetic and medical factors is inherited through generations. According to research, in families where parents are obese, a child is 66% likely to get this disease.
Other common causes of unwanted pounds are:
- improper diet, constant overeating and lack of nutrients: an abundance of unhealthy, high-calorie foods is a key reason for weight gain and poor skin condition of the face and body;
- lack of physical activity: if we spend less energy than we get from food, the body creates its reserves – in the form of extra pounds;
- psychological reasons – stress that girls prefer to “seize”, moral fatigue from endless diets, acquired eating disorder (ED leads to uncontrollable periods of gluttony, guilt for every piece eaten, food refusal, and so on).
There are reasons beyond our control – medical. Diseases of the endocrine system, hormonal disorders, changes in the body after pregnancy and lactation affect the features of weight gain and loss. It is necessary to take into account the metabolic rate, which slows down with age. Because of this, for example, it is required to periodically review the number of calories in order to lose weight and keep it off. If the cause of excess weight lies in diseases, first consult a doctor, and then (or, if the doctor does not mind, in parallel) engage in a figure.
A separate block of causes of excess weight is rapid weight gain and severe weight loss caused by extreme and unhealthy diets. Nutrition based on mono-products (rice, buckwheat, kefir, apples), excessive restriction of carbohydrates and fats, food poor in proteins and useful nutrients leads to a deterioration in appearance and well-being, but does not give a result.
Rules for losing weight at home
To begin to lose weight quickly, and then consolidate a positive result, it is necessary to be critical of the lifestyle in general – not just what we eat. It is important to start with goal setting and the right choice of motivating triggers. Do not make a common mistake among girls – starvation and brutal training to lose 3-5 kg in just a couple of days. Working on the state of the body will allow you to maintain health and avoid breakdowns.
Break down your weight loss plan into steps. If you want to lose 15 kg, losing one will not bring joy, but by dividing a long difficult path into short segments, you can enjoy achieving each intermediate goal. This approach both motivates and disciplines.
For weight loss, follow these rules:
- sleep well for 7-8 hours: due to lack of sleep, the body “requires” to increase the level of glucose in the blood, the appetite grows and it is difficult to resist sweets and high-calorie foods, and the hormones produced during sleep help to lose weight more effectively;
- increase the level of physical activity: add sports to your daily routine, walk more in the fresh air – this will burn extra calories and distract you from thinking about food;
- review your habits: to lose weight, give up what is really harmful – stop drinking alcohol “for company”, stop smoking, gradually get rid of unwanted foods in the refrigerator;
- switch to proper nutrition (rich in micro and macro elements, vitamins, with an optimal ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates) – the rate of weight loss, mood, and health depend on it.
The main thing in home weight loss is a revision of the diet, because in most cases it is he who determines whether we are losing weight at home or vice versa.
What can’t be eaten
Junk food – foods that must be completely removed from the diet or strictly limited and controlled. The first category includes industrial sausages, fast food with an abundance of refined fats and “empty” sugar. They contain a lot of calories and are harmful to health – among such products there are even carcinogens.
It is necessary to control the consumption of food with a high glycemic index. They are high in calories, and also slow down the process of weight loss. It:
- cheese and dairy products with a high fat content – their consumption must be limited so as not to “eat sides”;
- sweets with an increased amount of sugar – industrial cakes, sweets, cookies, and so on;
- fats – butter, seeds, nuts, avocados should be present in the diet, but in small quantities;
- pickles that retain fluid in the body, fatty red meat and so on.
Methods for fast weight loss without dieting
In addition to proper nutrition, cosmetic techniques are used to reduce body volume and lose weight due to external and internal effects on the body. Among them there are effective methods, but many are useless and, in some cases, dangerous.
Spa treatments: peelings and wraps
SPA procedures for weight loss are aimed at removing fluid from tissues, increasing skin elasticity, tone. As a result, the figure looks toned, its contours are more clearly defined, the skin becomes smooth. For weight loss, peels / scrubs and wraps based on active ingredients are useful.
Scrubbing with salt helps to remove excess fluid from the body, and coffee activates metabolic processes. Peelings with hard loofah washcloths or cactus bristle brushes also provide drainage, stimulate blood circulation in the muscles, which reduces the appearance of cellulite.
When wrapping, a composition with active ingredients is applied to the skin, the body is wrapped with a sheet or towel and held for a certain time for the substances to act. The composition of the mixture depends on the goals pursued:
- oils nourish, moisturize and improve the tone of the skin of the body and face;
- seaweed and salt reduce body volume, help to lose weight;
- coffee, honey, cocoa powder, dry clay cleanse the skin, tone and tighten it;
- essential oils enhance the effect of the compositions and give an aromatherapeutic effect.
Cosmetic procedures are added to the SPA procedures – massages and care. Professional intervention will give the greatest effect (lymphatic drainage, LPG endermology, ozone therapy, and so on), but it is possible to get a “tangible” result at home. Massage of problem areas with liquid honey promotes weight loss – it reduces the visibility of stretch marks, prevents the development of cellulite, and increases blood circulation in the cells of the epidermis. For care, nourishing creams and oils are useful, which will not allow the skin to sag during weight loss.
Drugs sold in pharmacies are divided into two types – for internal and external use. The second are slimming patches, anti-cellulite creams, thermal formulations and other products “with unproven effectiveness”. Preparations for internal use are often dangerous – they cause hormonal imbalance, depress the central nervous system, and lead to eating disorders. Reduxin, Xenical, dietary supplements are taken only after consultation with a dietitian. This also applies to calorie blockers, anorectics, appetite suppressants, laxatives and diuretics.
Coffee, tea and cocktails
Drinking is very important for weight loss. In addition to the mandatory 1.5-2 liters of clean water, you need to drink other drinks. Fat burning is promoted by oolong, pu-erh, hibiscus, green and ginger teas. They strengthen the immune system, speed up metabolism and promote fat burning. Herbal infusions should not be abused: they contain natural substances that affect the body, and it must be controlled.
Coffee speeds up metabolism, dulls appetite. Due to its diuretic effect, excess fluid is excreted from the body. Green coffee, rich in chlorogenic acid, also helps to lose weight and increases the effect of physical activity. Useful for weight loss juice cocktails based on pineapple, lemon, watermelon with the addition of ginger, rosemary or turmeric.
Among the folk remedies that help to lose weight safely, there are:
- birch sap, which reduces the stomach due to a slight laxative effect;
- oatmeal jelly – it improves peristalsis, rich in vitamins;
- cabbage juice – if there are problems with the stomach, it is mixed with others (beetroot, carrot);
- infusion of St. John’s wort, linden, cherry leaves and so on.
Exercises for home workouts
With the proper level of self-discipline and at home, it is easy to organize regular workouts. For weight loss, it is enough to give physical exercises 20-30 minutes a day. If you need motivation, follow video tutorials from fitness stars or crossfit – they, by the way, show in detail how to do the exercises correctly.
For the home, the classic and side plank is best suited with a gradual increase in standing time. Static load burns extra pounds no worse than dynamic. Also useful are squats and lunges, push-ups, tilts, lifting the body and other abdominal exercises. Over time, the number of approaches and load increase due to weight. It is not necessary to buy dumbbells for this, it is permissible to pick up a couple of bottles of water.
Weight loss workouts in the gym
If there is not enough motivation for home workouts, or you do not like to work out alone, you will have to “walk to the gym.” It will not work to lose weight in only one “problem” zone – the exercises must be selected so that a certain part of the body is worked out at each lesson. Make a schedule and stick to it.
Exercises for the abdomen
For weight loss, twisting is effective – in a block simulator with a weight that the instructor will select, and reverse ones, lifting the legs in the hang, tilting to the sides with dumbbells. Rowing machines and abslaters load the abdominal muscles and form the relief of the press.
To make the waist thin will help all the same twisting and lifting the legs in the hang. They form a beautiful lateral curve and strengthen many muscles at the same time. Add to them a torso track and a bench – on it you need to perform twisting and leg raises.
Leg and thigh exercises
The basic exercise for the hips, buttocks and legs is squats with a load or an empty bar. Feet should be shoulder width apart, keep your back straight. It is also useful to alternate and combine:
- plie and demi-plie – “ballet” squats with toes spread apart;
- sumo squats with a load – unlike plie, the buttocks are retracted;
- leg swings and lunges with dumbbells;
- “dead” thrust with small weights;
- bending the legs in the simulators for the hips, entering the step platform and so on.
If you don’t like machines, do a sport that suits you – yoga, dance, swimming, tai-bo, karate, running, ballet or CrossFit. The key is regular exercise.
The fastest way to lose weight at home
When choosing high-speed methods of losing weight, you cannot rely only on them, otherwise there will be nothing but harm to health. To lose weight before a significant event, you can arrange a “fasting day”, combining a reduced diet with massage and exercise. You can’t starve for a long time, but a daily fast will save you from excess food in the digestive tract, visually “remove” your stomach and give you a feeling of lightness. The most effective and fastest way to lose weight at home is to switch to a proper and balanced diet.
To lose up to 5 kg per week, you need an integrated approach. It should be based on proper nutrition and include acceptable physical activity, additional skin care and the rejection of unhealthy eating habits.